jueves, 14 de abril de 2016

Maybe This Will Be the Day


Publicidad










My daughter and son-in-law are expecting their first child, my almost born grand-daughter, and my third grandchild in total. The first two grands were born to my son and daughter-in-law (although she feels much more like a daughter than that previous word), a grandson and a granddaughter and oh! they are the sweetest and so much fun. I was thrilled and excited waiting for each birth and know the joyful sound of that first little cry that quickly turns into a loud roar. It is a dear and precious moment with many more lying ahead.

With my daughter, I guess, I am even more eager. She and I are very close - perfect friends as well as mother and daughter - and we have a deep love for each other. I know she is no longer my little girl as that ended some years ago, but she will always be my little girl. And I must admit that it is a little odd to see her married and expecting a baby. Where did the time go? I was watching and paying attention all of the time, or so I thought, but in a flash she is a woman and an about-to-be mom. Mom/Grandma could not be prouder.

And so maybe this will be the day. I don't know why I have expected my granddaughter to come early, sitting eagerly and patiently by the phone for a couple of weeks now. My daughter was 8 days late and her brothers were a few days late as well. The baby has a few more days until her due date, but I still hang on the idea that she might just make her appearance ahead of schedule. Knowing that she is full-term and developed permits me to hope for her arrival just a bit early, just for me. But babies, as everyone knows, have their own plans and so we wait.

My daughter is strong and independent, resourceful and determined. She runs and works out; she thinks on her own and is never afraid to appropriately voice her opinion and/or opposition as well as offering thanks and praise. She knows how to delegate, relegate, and get things done. No project is too big or too small for her dedicated focus and unwavering effort. You can count on her from the start of a project to the finish. With all of these wonderful characteristics brimming from her being, how could or would I expect anything less from this new child? That may be the reason why she hesitates and waits for a birth that will come precisely when she is good and ready. "Like mother/like daughter," some might say, and those who know us both would probably add, "Like grandmother/like daughter/like grand-daughter." We may just possibly have some mighty traits in common.

And so, maybe this will be the day that "Boo" appears. While the kids have named her, they are holding it secret until the moment of her birth. I'd like to know, I want to know, and yet I am pretty darn enthused as I look forward to the surprise. Will she have blue eyes or brown (both colors run on both sides of the family)? Will she have brown hair or will it be black or brown (again colors run on both sides)? Will her hair be straight, wavy, or with just a bit of curl? Most likely she will have the first type as we are families of the straightest hair imaginable. Will she like sports? Games? Cheese pizza? Chocolate? Only time will reveal the answers and so I continue to wait, and wait, and think, "Maybe this will be the day!"


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Gini_Cunningham/146831

Publicidad

Comparte este post con tus amigos!
Que Opina De Este Post:::....